|Quails||24 Ounce (6 In Number, 4 Ounce / 110 Grams Each)|
|Hoisin sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry/Rice wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1. Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 9, 475°F, 240°C.
2. Defrost the quails if frozen, dry them well with paper towel and then rub each one inside and out with a little salt.
3. In a small bowl mix the sauce ingredients.
4. Rub this sauce inside and out the quails.
5. Put the quails in a small roasting pan and roast them in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
6. Turn down the heat to gas mark 4, 350°F, 180°C and continue to roast the birds for another 20 minutes.
7. Turn the oven off and leave the quails there for 5 minutes.
8. Take them out and let them rest for 10 minutes.
9. Serve them hot, whole or chop them into 4-6 pieces each if you wish to serve them Chinese style.
Calories 238 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.4%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.4 mg28.8%
Sodium 1359.4 mg56.6%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.21 g0.84%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 23 g45.4%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 11.6%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 25.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet