Mother's Pot Roast
|Rump roast||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Seasoned salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Tomatoes||3 , skinned and quartered|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
1. Rub garlic powder and seasoned salt into the meat.
2. Place in refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
3. Place onions and garlic in a food processor.
4. Push tomatoes through a strainer to rid them of seeds and place tomato pulp in food processor.
6. Place meat in a large pot.
7. Cover with tomato sauce and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
8. Turn meat and simmer about 1 1/2 hours more or until fork-soft.
9. Remove meat from pot to a wooden cutting board to cool.
10. Place sauce in refrigerator to allow fat to rise to top.
11. When meat is cool, slice.
12. Remove fat that has formed on the sauce and place meat back in the sauce.
13. Warm and serve.
Calories 371 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.14%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 159.3 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 50 g99.8%
Vitamin A 6.2% Vitamin C 13.5%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet