Sausage and Apple Wine Stuffing
|Ground sausage||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Small, slivered|
|Fennel seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Sourdough bread||8 Cup (128 tbs), cut into small cubes|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Apple cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apple wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried cranberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granny smith apple||1 , peeled, cut into small cubes|
|Walnut||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Place a large ovenproof pan on medium high heat. Drop sausage, salt, black pepper and fennel seeds in it. Stir, and cook until nice and brown. Remove from pan and place it on a paper towel to drain.
3. Return the pan to oven, turn down the flame to medium and drop onion in it. Cook onion in sausage grease for about 30 minutes or until caramelized. When done remove the pan from heat.
4. In a large bowl, add bread crumbs, thyme, rosemary, and sage.
5. Pour broth, apple wine, and vinegar in it. Mix until the breadcrumbs become moist.
6. Drop celery, cranberries, apples, and walnuts. Stir to incorporate.
7. Add cooked sausage and caramelized onion in the bowl with bread. Mix well.
8. Transfer mixture back into the ovenproof pan. Pop it in oven, and cook for 60 minutes or until the stuffing looks brown on top.
9. Use sausage and apple wine stuffing as desired.
If there is too much sausage grease in pan then sop up with paper towel, but if the grease is not enough for the onions to caramelize then you can add olive oil to the pan.