Mixed Meat Casserole
|Dried chinese mushrooms||5 Small, soaked|
|Bean curd cakes||2|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Lettuce leaves/Chinese leaves||6 (A Few)|
|Stock/Water||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Meats char siu||1 Pound (450 Gram, Assorted Cooked, Roasted Crispy Pork, Roast Duck, Crispy-Skin Chicken Or White-Cut Chicken, Etc.)|
|Shellfish||8 Ounce (225 Grams, Prawns, Scallopes Etc)|
|Soft brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh root ginger||5 Small|
|Spring onions||2 , cut into short sections|
1. To prepare the mushrooms squeeze dry them, discard any hard stalks and thinly shred.
2. Cut each cake of bean-curd into 16 pieces.
3. In a wok or deep-fryer heat the oil and fry the bean-curd pieces for 3-4 minutes until golden, remove and drain.
4. Line a casserole with the lettuce or Chinese, leaves, add about 3-4 tablespoons stock or water.
5. In the casserole, place the bean-curd and meat pieces add the mushrooms, shellfish, seasonings and the remaining stock.
6. Bring to the boil over a high heat, then reduce the heat and braise under cover for 10-15 minutes.
7. Serve Mixed Meat Casserole hot with cooked drippings around.
Calories 624 Calories from Fat 270
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.6%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.2 mg39.1%
Sodium 998.1 mg41.6%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 47 g94.7%
Vitamin A 27.2% Vitamin C 24%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 55.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet