Cold Meat Mould
|Meat||1⁄2 Pound, cooked, minced (Preferably A Mixture Of Meats Or Meat And Poultry)|
|Fine breadcrumbs||1 Ounce|
|Cornflakes||1⁄2 Ounce, crumbled|
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, cooked|
|Stock/Gravy||4 Fluid Ounce|
|Chopped rosemary/Mixture of fresh herbs||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven moderately to 350°.
2. Grease a 5" cake or 1 lb loaf tin very thickly.
3. Spread sieved raspings on the greased tin and coat evenly.
4. In a bowl add minced meat, herbs, bread and flake crumbs with the seasonings and mix well.
5. In a small bowl add egg and beat well.
6. Add the egg to the mixture along with the stock. Keep the mixture slack enough to drop easily from spoon.
7. Taste and add tomato or mushroom ketchup for added flavour.
8. Transfer mixture into prepared tin and cover with greased paper.
9. Keep in the middle of oven for 3/4-1 hr.
10. Transfer into a hot dish.
11. Serve with a good gravy or sauce.
Calories 147 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.9%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.2 mg24.4%
Sodium 170 mg7.1%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.66 g2.6%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 15 g29.5%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet