|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar/Dark brown sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a large mixing bowl, combine together the flour, ½ cup softened butter and 1 cup brown sugar. Blend well till smooth.
3) Press the mixture into a 9x13-inch baking pan.
4) Over the crust, arrange the pecans evenly. Set aside.
5) In a heavy saucepan placed over low heat, melt the remaining butter and sugar.
6) Increase the heat and bring the contents to a full boil.
7) Take the mixture off the heat immediately. Ensure that there is no overcooking.
8) Pour the mixture all over the pecans.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, till the top is bubbly and crust is golden in color.
10) Remove the preparation from the oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
11) Create the marbling by swirling the chocolate as it melts.
12) Let the cake cool completely and then cut into squares.
12) Place the squares on a decorative serving platter and serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.