Ham with Fruit Stuffing
|Smoked picnic ham||5 Pound (1 piece)|
|Seedless raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pitted prunes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried apricots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red cooking wine||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Holland House)|
1. Place the fruit in a non-reactive pot and soak it in wine for 4 hours or preferably overnight until plump. Stir the fruit occasionally.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F
3. Fill the cavity of the boned ham with stuffing.
4. Place the ham in a shallow baking pan lined with foil
5. Roast in preheated oven for almost 2 1/2 hours or until ham registers 170 degree F in meat thermometer.
6. Slice the ham and serve warm or cold.
Calories 466 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50 mg16.7%
Sodium 1486 mg61.9%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.5%
Sugars 45.9 g
Protein 28 g55.7%
Vitamin A 34% Vitamin C 3.5%
Calcium 5% Iron 23%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet