Ham With Fruit Stuffing
|Smoked picnic ham||5 Pound (1 piece)|
|Seedless raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pitted prunes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried apricots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red cooking wine||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Holland House)|
1. Place the fruit in a non-reactive pot and soak it in wine for 4 hours or preferably overnight until plump. Stir the fruit occasionally.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F
3. Fill the cavity of the boned ham with stuffing.
4. Place the ham in a shallow baking pan lined with foil
5. Roast in preheated oven for almost 2 1/2 hours or until ham registers 170 degree F in meat thermometer.
6. Slice the ham and serve warm or cold.