Turkey Giblet Gravy
|Giblets||1 (From The Turkey)|
|Turkey neck||1 (From The Turkey)|
|Turkey tailpiece||1 (From The Turkey)|
|Chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Parsley sprigs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (To Taste)|
|Pepper||1 Pinch (To Taste)|
1. In a stockpot heat the oil over medium heat.
2. Add the giblets, turkey neck, and turkey tailpiece. Saute for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the onions and mix well. Lower the heat and cook covered for 15 minutes allowing the onions to cook down.
4. Add the chicken broth, water, thyme, and parsley. Bring to a boil then lower to a simmer. Cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
5. Strain the broth reserving the giblets, turkey neck, and turkey tailpiece.
6. In a separate saucepan melt the butter over low/medium heat making sure that it does not burn. Stir in the flour and mix thoroughly. Stir until the flour turns golden brown and begins to smell nutty. Make sure that it does not burn. This takes 5 to 10 minutes.
7. Stir in the strained broth from the stockpot and mix thoroughly. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer. Cook uncovered for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
8. Remove the meat from the turkey neck and dice with the giblets. Add the meat to the broth and bring to a boil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com