Quail with Rose Petals
|Red rose petals||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), loosely packed (Use Organic Variety)|
|Anise seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Blanched sliced almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Rose water||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a food processor, grind the rose petals, anise seeds, almonds and garlic to a smooth paste and set aside.
3. In a blender, purée the peeled cactus pear with rose water, honey and chicken stock. Throgh a seive, strain and discard seeds of cactus pear.
4. Heat a small saucepan, combine the rose petals paste with purée, stir continually and gently for five minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Season quails with salt and pepper.
6. Heat a frying pan. Add vegetable oil, add the seasoned quails.
7. Cook quail on one side for 3 to 4 minutes, turn over and continue to cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
8. Keep the sauté pan in oven for 3 more minutes to finish.
9. Take away the quail from the pan and submerge in rose petal sauce to infuse flavors before serving.
10. Serve with a mixed green salad and mashed potatoes.