Bacon Seasoned Stuffing
|Bacon slices||6 (Swift Premium)|
|Onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely chopped|
|Green pepper||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Dry bread cubes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. Heat a frying pan and when hot, add the bacon slices to it.
2. SautÃ© the bacon to render the fat and cook it on low heat until it is crisp and brown.
3. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to paper toweling and let drain. When cool enough to handle. Crumble and set aside.
4. To the bacon dripping in the pan, add the onion and pepper. Saute them on medium low heat until soft, about 8 minutes.
5. Add herbs and seasoning. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the breadcrumbs and crumbled bacon.
6. Toss to mix thoroughly.
7. Add sufficient water to desired level of moistness and stir well.
8. Use this stuffing for turkey or chicken. In fact it goes well with poultry and fish as well.