Bacon Seasoned Stuffing
|Bacon slices||6 (Swift Premium)|
|Onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely chopped|
|Green pepper||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Dry bread cubes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. Heat a frying pan and when hot, add the bacon slices to it.
2. SautÃ© the bacon to render the fat and cook it on low heat until it is crisp and brown.
3. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to paper toweling and let drain. When cool enough to handle. Crumble and set aside.
4. To the bacon dripping in the pan, add the onion and pepper. Saute them on medium low heat until soft, about 8 minutes.
5. Add herbs and seasoning. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the breadcrumbs and crumbled bacon.
6. Toss to mix thoroughly.
7. Add sufficient water to desired level of moistness and stir well.
8. Use this stuffing for turkey or chicken. In fact it goes well with poultry and fish as well.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 917 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.3%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.3 mg3.4%
Sodium 2158.2 mg89.9%
Total Carbohydrates 161 g53.6%
Dietary Fiber 13.2 g52.7%
Sugars 20 g
Protein 32 g63.7%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 159.7%
Calcium 41.4% Iron 59.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet