|Buffalo top round||1 Pound|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Hot pepper sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Corn tortillas||8 , washed|
1. Wash and pat the buffalo meat dry
2. Cut the meat into 1-inch cubes.
3. In a large pie plate, place the flour, oregano, coriander, cumin, and allspice and mix well
4. Add the meat to the pan and coat it well with the flour
5. In a large nonstick pan, place the oil and sautÃ© the meat in the oil till the meat is brown all over
6. Pour the stock, chili powder, garlic, hot-pepper sauce, and bay leaf into the pan and boil on low heat to make a thick sauce.
7. Reduce the heat and simmer again for 30 minutes till done. Add more stock during the cooking process to prevent the meat from sticking.
8. Discard the bay leaf before serving.
9. Spread the mixture on top of the tortillas and serve hot with guacamole and sour cream.
Calories 455 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60 mg20%
Sodium 639.9 mg26.7%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.5%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 30 g59.4%
Vitamin A 45.7% Vitamin C 11.3%
Calcium 12.6% Iron 22.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet