Unsalted Chicken Or Turkey Gravy
|Defatted chicken drippings/Defatted turkey drippings||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsalted chicken stock/Turkey stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter/Corn oil margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Thinly sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fresh Ones)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Dash|
1) In a saucepan, heat the defatted drippings and stock.
2) In the cold water, let the cornstarch/arrowroot dissolve.
3) Add this cornstarch mixture to the saucepan and let it cook slowly over medium heat with occasional stirring until a thick mixture is obtained.
4) Meanwhile, on a skillet, heat the butter/margarine and add the minced onion.
5) Let it cook until the onion is tender and then add the sliced mushrooms.
6) Stir it and keep it cooking until the mushrooms are tender.
7) Add the mixture in the skillet to the thick mixture in the saucepan and stir well.
8) Serve the gravy hot with pepper and a little fresh lemon juice to taste, if desired.
Calories 127 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.8%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg2.7%
Sodium 38.1 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.12 g0.49%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 2 g4.9%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 0.7% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet