|Whole black peppercorns||4|
|Condensed chicken broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Turkey giblets and neck||1|
1. Refrigerate liver until ready to use.
2. Take a 2-quart saucepan, place rest of giblets and neck.
3. Add 3 cups water, the celery, onion, carrot, salt, peppercorns and bay leaf and bring to boiling.
4. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 2-1/2 hours until giblets are tender.
5. Add liver, simmer 15 minutes longer and discard neck.
6. Remove giblets from broth, chop coarsely and set aside.
7. Through a sieve strain cooking broth, pressing vegetables with broth.
8. Measure broth, then add enough undiluted canned broth to make 2-1/2 cups and set aside.
9. When turkey has been removed from roasting pan, pour drippings into a 1-cup measure.
10. Skim fat from surface and discard.
11. Return 1/3 cup drippings to roasting pan and stir in flour until smooth.
12. Stir, over very low heat, to brown flour slightly and remove from heat.
13. Gradually stir in broth and bring to boiling, stirring.
14. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring, 5 minutes until gravy is thickened and smooth.
15. Add giblets and simmer for about 5 minutes.
16. Serve with garnish as desired.