|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shallots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Rinse quail well in cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
2) In a large non-stick pan, heat butter and sauté quail until nicely browned for about 10 minutes.
3) Stir in the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender for about 5 minutes.
4) Mix in vinegar, sugar, and salt, mixing well allow to boil.
5) Place the tight fitting lid and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until quail are tender.
6) Serve quail over warm serving plate and spoon pan juices over the quails.