Unsalted Beef Gravy
|Beef drippings||1 Cup (16 tbs), defatted|
|Beef stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion flakes||1 Tablespoon, dried|
|Ground black pepper||1 Dash|
1) In a saucepan, heat the defatted drippings and stock.
2) In the cold water, let the cornstarch/arrowroot dissolve.
3) Add this cornstarch mixture to the saucepan and let it cook slowly over medium heat (with occasional stirring) until a thick mixture is obtained.
4) Add onion flakes to the mixture.
5) Serve the gravy hot with pepper and Tabasco sauce, if desired.