Spicy Chops Amd Cabbage
|Pork loin chops||4 (3/4-Inch Thick Slices)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), peeled|
|Bay leaf||1⁄2 Small|
|Apples||3 Medium, cored and coarsely chopped|
|Cabbage head||1 Medium, cored and coarsely chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, chopped|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Prepare the pork chops by removing the fat.
2) On a skillet, cook the fat till oil appears on the surface. Remove the fat from the pan and sear the chops till golden brown on both sides.
3) To the skillet, add in garlic, 2 tablespoons of water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 a bay leaf. Cover the skillet and let it cook on low flame for 30 minutes.
4) Pick the garlic and bay leaf out and discard them. Keep the chops aside.
5) Add in the coarsely chopped apples and cabbage and stir.
6) In a small bowl, combine onion, vinegar, 4 tablespoons of water and 1/2 teaspoon salt and add into the apples and cabbage mix. Stir well, cover and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
7) Add the chops back into the skillet and cook for about 20 minutes till they turn tender.
8) Serve hot.
Calories 349 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.3%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 78.2 mg26.1%
Sodium 571.9 mg23.8%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.7%
Sugars 28.6 g
Protein 26 g51.9%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 88.6%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet