Christmas Tree Croquettes
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced ham||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Shallots||3 , chopped|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg yolk||1 , beaten|
|Soft breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Fine dry breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Desired)|
1) Preheat the oven to 365°F.
2) In a saucepan, melt butter.
3) Stir in flour and seasonings.
4) Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture begins to bubble.
5) Gradually add milk.
6) Stir rapidly until the sauce is smooth and thick.
7) Remove from heat.
8) Stir in ham, shallots, brown sugar, egg yolk and soft breadcrumbs.
9) Mix well and chill.
10) Now, shape the mixture into 12 cone shaped Christmas trees.
11) Chill again.
12) Dredge croquettes with flour.
13) Dip in egg and water mixture.
14) Roll in breadcrumbs.
15) Chill again.
16) Deep-fry in the preheated oven for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
17) Brush with liquid honey and roll in finely chopped parsley.
18) Serve with croquette sauce, if desired.