The Big Tex
|Hot dog bun||4|
|Bbq sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Extra sharp cheddar cheese slices||4|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon (Or As Desired)|
|Pepper||To Taste (Or As Desired)|
|Creole mustard||2 Tablespoon (Or As Desired)|
|White pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Dark brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Celery salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
1. Cut the beef separating the flab from the point.
2. Choose the flab and trim fat from the meat.
3. Coat the meat with the spice rub and let it sit for one hour.
4. Prepare the charcoal smoker cum grill.
5. Insert a meat thermometer through the meat to touch the thickest part and place the meat in the smoker to let it smoke until the internal meat temperature is 185 degrees.
6. Slice onion and drizzle over with a little olive oil and salt.
7. Fold it in a foil and drop in the smoker for about 45 minutes to an hour.
8. Into a pan on the stove add a little bit of olive oil and then add the smoked onions.
9. To let it turn into marmalade add some brown sugar, salt, pepper and a little bit of creole mustard.
10. Lower temperature and let it cook for about 30-40 minutes.
11. Remove the done brisket from the smoker and across the grain to make slices.
12. To assemble the sandwich, place two brisket slices between the breads, onion marmalade, barbecue sauce if desired and cheddar cheese slices.
13. Place the sandwich on the grill and grill until the bread is crispy.
14. Serve alongside a beverage or as desired.