Breaded Pork Chops With Beer Gravy
|Pork chops||4 , cut 3/4 inch thick|
|Fine cracker crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (From About 12 Saltines)|
|Beer||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Bouillon||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. In a shallow large bowl, lightly beat the egg with the water.
2. On a large plate, season the crumbs with salt and paprika.
3. To bread the chops, first dip each in egg turning to coat both sides and let the excess drip pan in the dish.
4. Then coat them with the crumb mixture, lightly pressing the mixture on both sides, to form a thin even layer.
5. In a large skillet, heat the oil.
6. Fry the breaded chops until well browned on both sides.
7. Reduce the heat and pour 1/4 cup beer over the chops
8. Cover skillet with lid and simmer chops for 20 to 30 minutes until tender.
9. Remove the chops onto a platter and keep warm.
10. Blend flour into rest of beer and add along with bouillon, and ketchup into cooking liquid.
11. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
12. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.
13. Serve the chops with the gravy and accompany with mashed potatoes.