Roast Pork With Apple And Nut Stuffing
|Pork shoulder||3 1⁄2 Pound, boned|
|Cashew nuts/Peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crustless white bread slice||2 (Thick Slices)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Dried summer savory||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Peel the onion and chop it finely. Chop the nuts coarsely.
3) Dice the crustless bread. Peel the apples, core and dice them.
4) Wash the celery and parsley and finely chop them.
5) In a small pan placed over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the onion and nuts till they are just starting to lose color.
6) Add the apple, celery, bread and parsley to the pan and continue to cook till the apple has tendered.
7) Add salt, pepper, summer savory and lemon juice to season.
8) In the pork, open up the pocket and evenly spread the stuffing.
9) Roll up the pork and tie it very securely with the string, at regular intervals.
10) In a buttered roasting pan, place the prepared pork and brush it with oil. Sprinkle with salt.
11) Roast in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, after placing the pan in the oven's center.
12) Move the pan to the shelf right below the center, being the heat down to 350 degrees and cook for about 1 ½ hours,or till the juice comes out amber-colored once a skewer is put into the meat.
13) On a serving plate, put the pork and make sure that it stays warm.
14) Allow the residue in the roasting pan to stand so that it settles and then skin it carefully or pour off the fat.
15) To the pan juice, add the wine and bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Keep scraping in all the residue.
16) Once the gravy has colored, add seasoning to taste and pour it into a warm sauceboat.
17) Serve the pork hot, along with the sauce, a puree of potatoes, butter cabbage or green beans.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4604 Calories from Fat 2816
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 317 g487.9%
Saturated Fat 99 g494.9%
Trans Fat 1.8 g
Cholesterol 1048.9 mg349.6%
Sodium 1646.6 mg68.6%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34%
Dietary Fiber 13.5 g53.9%
Sugars 32 g
Protein 304 g607.2%
Vitamin A 50.8% Vitamin C 87.4%
Calcium 49.1% Iron 139.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet