Roast Loin Of Pork With Spinach Mushroom Stuffing
|Fresh spinach/10 ounce bag of spinach||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boneless pork loin||8 Pound (1 Loin, Prepared For Stuffing)|
|Dried thyme leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Add spinach, after discarding the stems, to boiling water and cook till spinach wilts. Drain well and chop.
3. Discard the tough stems of cleaned mushrooms and chop roughly.
4. Take a heavy skillet, add butter and allow to melt it. Add garlic and onion to butter and cook till they turn soft. Add mushrooms and on medium heat, cook for 4 to 5 mins till liquid completely evaporates. Add spinach and cream and cook, stirring, for about 2 to 3 minutes to allow liquid to evaporate completely. Add nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Stuff loin roast centre with mushroom mixture and with a string, close the roast by tying.
6. Arrange in roasting pan, sprinkle thyme on top and bake for 2 hours.
7. Take out from oven and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
8. Slice and serve with fruit chutney, red or green pepper jelly.