|Salted soda crackers||36 , finely crushed|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pork sausage meat||3⁄4 Pound|
|Onions||2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , slightly beaten|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Pound, grated to make 2 cups|
|Pimiento||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Warm the oven to 350° F.
2. Take a bowl and blend butter and cracker crumbs.
3. Take 2-quart baking dish and press one –third of the mixture against its bottom.
4. Take a skillet and fry onions and sausage meat until no pink color shows in meat.
5. Combine with rice and spread it over the crust.
6. Combine milk and eggs.
7. Fold in cheese and green peppers and spread it over sausage mixture.
8. Prepare a crust with the remaining buttered crumbs and uncover the center of circle.
9. Uncover and bake for about 45 minutes at 350° F.
10. Serve after garnishing with pimiento strips to make a clock complete with quarter hour divisions and hands of clock.