Roast Loin Of Pork With Sage And Onion Stuffing Hot And Cold
|Pork loin||1 Small|
|Seasoned flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Powdered sage||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 355 degrees.
2) Into the center, lengthwise, cut the loin. Ensure that it is not completely cut. Beat out flat with the help of a wetted rolling pin. Season and keep aside.
3) For the stuffing, peel the onion and cut it in half. Put in a pan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook till the onion has tendered. This usually takes about 20 to 30 minutes.
4) Drain the cooked onion, chop it finely.
5) In a basin, add the chopped onion, bradcrumbs, sage and seasoning. WIth a fork, stir in the melted butter.
6) Over the pork, press the stuffing and roll up from one end. Use string to tie tightly in various places.
7) Roll the pork in seasoned flour and then brown it in hot lard or dripping.
8) Place the meat in the center of the preheated oven and roast for about 1 hour 15 minutes.
9) Serve hot after slicing along with the roast potatoes and braised celery.