|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter stick/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Pecan halves||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|German sweet chocolate bar||8 Ounce (2 Bars, 4 Ounce Each)|
1. Make Caramel: Line an 8-by-8-by-2-inch baking pan with foil. Lightly butter foil.
2. In a heavy 2 1/2-quart saucepan, combine all ingredients except vanilla, nuts and chocolate.
3. Cook, stirring with wooden spoon, over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
4. Over medium heat, cook, stirring occasionally, to 244°F. on candy thermometer, or until a little syrup in cold water forms a firm ball.
5. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Turn into prepared pan; let cool 30 minutes.
6. With sharp knife, cut into 26 pieces.
7. Roll each piece into a ball; place on buttered cookie sheet about 1/2 inch apart. To make feet and head: Press 5 pecan halves into each ball, equidistant around edge, lengthwise, with half of each pecan overhanging edge.
8. Melt chocolate in double-boiler top, over hot, not boiling, water. Spoon 1 teaspoon melted chocolate over each caramel, covering surface, but leaving part of the pecans showing. Refrigerate to let the chocolate harden slightly.