Lamb Chops With Apples And Potatoes
|Lamb shoulder/Lamb blade / arm||4 , trimmed|
|Potatoes||8 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Onions||4 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Apples||4 , peeled, cored, and quartered|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Bouillon||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Apple juice/Cider||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|American cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F before baking.
2) Take a frying pan; heat butter in it and fry chops quickly till browned and keep warm on a separate dish.
3) In the same butter, stir fry potatoes and onions until golden.
4) In a buttered baking dish, arrange a layer of vegetables and then with chops.
5) Again layer with remaining vegetables and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
6) Place apples around dish top.
7) Into the same frying pan in which chops were browned, sprinkle flour and cook until medium brown.
8) Add in bouillon and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
9) Pour in apple juice and sieve the liquid into the baking dish.
10) Add in cheese and bake for about 1 hour in the preheated oven until chops are soft to be touched with a skewer.
11) Serve hot at once from dish.