Roast Stuffed Shoulder Of Lamb With Browned Potatoes
|Lamb shoulder||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, cut|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Pre-heat the oven to the required temperature.
2) Clean and wipe the lamb with a damp cloth. Make pockets in the flesh and fill them with dressing. Close the pockets with toothpicks. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
3) When the meat turns well browned, season it with salt and pepper. Pour in 1 cup of cold water over it and return the lamb to the oven. Roast for a further 45 minutes.
4) Wash, peel and boil 1 quart white potatoes.
5) Roast the potatoes in the same dish till they turn brown. Then remove both the meat and the potatoes.
6) In to the roasting pan, pour in enough water with juices from the meat and potato to make 2 cups of gravy.
7) Add in in 1 tablespoon for flour and thicken the gravy. Season the gravy and cook till it turns nice and smooth.
8) Slice the meat and serve with a portion of the potatoes on a warm plate.