Pig's Ear Twists
|Batter/Melted margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
1. Take a large bowl, add eggs and using a wooden spoon, beat lightly. Add melted butter followed by flour and salt and mix to blend well. Knead on a lightly floured pastry cloth or board for 3 minutes to form a smooth dough. Snip 1 inch pieces off the dough and on the lightly floured pastry cloth or board, roll each of the piece into a 1/8 inch thick and 3 to 3/5 inch diameter circle.
2. Using the fork tines, pierce the dough through the center of the circle and turn the dough so that it is just a quarter’s twist.
3. Take a heavy Dutch oven or a deep fat fryer add 2 inch salad oil and heat to register 360°F on a deep-frying thermometer.
4. Add 3 to 4 twists at a time and fry these till they turn golden brown on either sides. Arrange as a single layer on foil sheets.
5. Take a small saucepan, place on high heat and bring the corn syrup to boil. Lower the heat to minimum and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Top twists with the corn syrup, garnish with chopped pecans, allow to set and serve in serving plates.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6895 Calories from Fat 4553
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 517 g795.6%
Saturated Fat 68.1 g340.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 634.4 mg211.5%
Sodium 1369.1 mg57%
Total Carbohydrates 555 g185%
Dietary Fiber 12.2 g48.9%
Sugars 121.5 g
Protein 51 g102%
Vitamin A 15.2% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 23.5% Iron 96.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet