Gluten Free Classic Meat Sauce
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Italian sausage||1⁄2 Pound|
|Mushrooms||6 Ounce, sliced|
|Tomato sauce||16 Ounce|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly grounded|
1. In a small bowl mix together tomato paste and water. Keep aside.
2. In a large saucepan, add in the olive oil and heat over med-high flame.
3. Add in the onion and garlic and sauté for 4 minutes, until onion becomes translucent.
4. Add in the ground beef and Italian sausage and cook for 4 minutes more, breaking it up as you go, until it's mostly browned.
5. Stir in mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes more. Add in the tomato sauce and tomato paste mixture, mix well.
6. Add in the Worcestershire sauce and wine, stir.
7. Season with the herbs, salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 60 minutes.
8. Use Meat Sauce in making lasagna and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2281 Calories from Fat 1208
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 135 g207.3%
Saturated Fat 42.7 g213.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 439.1 mg146.4%
Sodium 4035.5 mg168.1%
Total Carbohydrates 112 g37.3%
Dietary Fiber 21.7 g86.7%
Sugars 60.7 g
Protein 150 g300.2%
Vitamin A 128.5% Vitamin C 212.2%
Calcium 28.6% Iron 136%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet