KC Pomering from G-Free Foodie shows you how to make her Mama's Meat Sauce gluten free.
1 Medium, diced
2 Clove (10 gm), minced
Lean ground beef
6 Ounce, sliced
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly grounded
1. In a small bowl mix together tomato paste and water. Keep aside.
2. In a large saucepan, add in the olive oil and heat over med-high flame.
3. Add in the onion and garlic and sauté for 4 minutes, until onion becomes translucent.
4. Add in the ground beef and Italian sausage and cook for 4 minutes more, breaking it up as you go, until it's mostly browned.
5. Stir in mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes more. Add in the tomato sauce and tomato paste mixture, mix well.
6. Add in the Worcestershire sauce and wine, stir.
7. Season with the herbs, salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 60 minutes.
8. Use Meat Sauce in making lasagna and serve.
Meat sauces that are gluten free are a indeed boon for preparing or serving most kind of meats. Check out the recipe to make a Gluten Free Meat Sauce in a classic way using all good gluten free substitutes.