Crispy Frog Legs
|Frog legs||5 Pound (Small Sized)|
|Lemon juice/Vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Crushed ice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Vegetable oil/Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
1) Wash the frog legs properly.
2) Take a Dutch oven and put the legs in it.
3) Sprinkle some lemon juice on them and put crushed ice on top.
4) Keep in a refrigerator for 1-3 hours.
5) Take a bowl and mix in egg yolks, milk and olive oil along with ¼ teaspoon of salt.
6) Beat the egg whites until they turn stiff.
7) Fold them into the batter.
8) Season the frog legs with salt and pepper.
9) Dip each of them in batter before dredging in flour.
10) Heat oil to 375°F.
11) Fry the frog legs in it until they become golden brown in color.
12) Drain out the excess oil by placing on paper towels and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3303 Calories from Fat 765
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 86 g132.1%
Saturated Fat 20.7 g103.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2425.5 mg808.5%
Sodium 2718.2 mg113.3%
Total Carbohydrates 173 g57.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.3%
Sugars 19.1 g
Protein 437 g874.1%
Vitamin A 57.2% Vitamin C 140.3%
Calcium 86.8% Iron 268.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet