Lamb And Apple Pie
|Lamb||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), cut into bite sized pieces|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Tart apple||1 , pared, sliced|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||3 , skinned, chopped|
|Frozen puff pastry||8 1⁄2 Ounce, thawed (Half Of 17 1/4 Ounce Package)|
|Beaten egg||1 (To Glaze)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) In a large skillet, melt the butter and add the onions. Saute for about 5 minutes till the onions have softened and are lightly colored.
3) Add the curry powder and apple and gently cook for another 5 minutes.
4) Sprinkle the flour into the mixture and blend well.
5) Stir in the broth very gradually and cook over low flame, stirring, till the mixture is thick and smooth.
6) Stir in the mushrooms and chicken pieces. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Stir in the chopped tomatoes next and pour the entire concoction into a 9-inch deep pie plate.
7) On a floured surface, roll out the pastry to a shape which is slightly larger than the pie plate’s top. All around the edge, cut off a strip of the pastry.
8) With water, brush the plate’s rim and press the strip of the pastry onto the rim. Moisten the pastry strip with some more water and then place the large pastry piece on top. Seal by pressing firmly and flute the edges.
9) With the pastry trimmings, make decorations, brush their undersides with water and arrange on top of the pie.
10) With a beaten egg, brush the pastry all over and in the center of the pie, make a small hole.
11) Bake pie in preheated oven for about 30 minutes till it has turned golden brown.
12) Serve immediately.