Meat Pattichu Varathathu
|Red meat||500 Gram (Any Meat Of Choice)|
|Chili powder||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 Dessertspoon)|
|Coriander powder||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 Dessertspoon)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Pepper powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), sliced|
|Vinegar||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 Dessertspoon)|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Potatoes||2 Small, diced|
|Garlic cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|For the seasoning:|
|Coconut oil/Any cooking oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (2 Dessertspoon)|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Button onions||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, sliced (2 Dessertspoon)|
1. Wash and clean the meat. Cut meat into large cubes.
2. Grind into a paste ingredients 2 to 9. Marinate the meat with the ground paste, vinegar, chopped ginger and salt for an hour.
3. Cook the meat in 2 cups hot water. Cover the pan with a deep lid containing water. This water will help cook the meat as well as ensure that it does not get charred.
4. When the meat is tender, add the potatoes and garlic.
5. When the potato is well cooked and the gravy has thickened, remove from fire.
6. In another pan, heat coconut oil and add mustard seeds.
7. When it splutters, add the button onions.
8. When the button onions are browned, add the meat mixture.
9. Fry till dry, taking care not to let the potato pieces crumble.
10. When the masala leaves the sides of the pan, remove from heat and serve hot.