Geoff's Pot Roast
|Pot roast/Cross rib or chuck||3 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Catsup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat Dutch oven over medium-high heat until a square of paper in the bottom turns brown. Remove paper.
2. Brown beef in hot Dutch oven until well browned on all sides.
3. Add onion and green pepper and cook about 3 minutes.
4. Add remaining ingredients.
5. Cover with vac-control valve closed. Reduce heat to low.
6. Cook over low heat about 3 hours or until meat is tender, turning meat occasionally. If mixture gets too thick during cooking, add a small amount of water.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3700 Calories from Fat 2218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 246 g378.4%
Saturated Fat 99 g495%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 898 mg299.3%
Sodium 5558.6 mg231.6%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.7%
Sugars 70.2 g
Protein 270 g540.3%
Vitamin A 50.6% Vitamin C 200.5%
Calcium 36.2% Iron 139.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet