Bison Steak Frites
|For the sweet potatoes|
|Sweet potato||1 Large, strips|
|Ginger powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Clove powder||1 Pinch|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For the ribeye|
|Bison ribeye steaks||2|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the salad|
|Frisee lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs), trimmed|
|Watercress leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), trimmed|
|Apple cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apple cider||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Celery seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Granulated garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Blue berries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Cut the sweet potatoes into strips, place it in a bowl.
2. Preheat the oven to 425 degree.
3. Preheat the grill pan.
4. Wash, clean and trim the frisee and watercress, set aside.
5. In a bowl combine sweet potatoes with ginger, coriander, cinnamon, cumin, ground black pepper, seas salt, clove, cardamom and extra virgin olive oil, toss everything together.
6. Transfer the sweet potatoes on a tray and spread it out, roast it in the preheated oven in the middle rack, until the sweet potatoes are well roasted.
7. Thaw the ribeye, seas it with olive oil, sea salt and cracked black pepper, season on both side.
8. Place the ribeye on the preheated grill and grill the ribeye, 3 minutes on each side.
9. In the meantime in a mixing bowl combine the watercress, frisee, apple cider vinegar, apple cider, brown sugar, celery seeds, granulated garlic, sunflower oil and pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper.
10. Toss all the ingredients well until everything is incorporated well.
11. Flip the steak and cook for 3 minutes on the other side, once done let it rest fro 10 minutes, after 10 minutes slice the meat across the grain.
12. In a plate place the frisee salad and add the blue berries, combine well.
13. In a serving plate place the roasted sweet potatoes, arrange the sliced steak on top and place the frisee salad on the side.
14. Serve the bison steak frites along with a glass of red wine.
Calories 847 Calories from Fat 347
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g59.2%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 995.4 mg41.5%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.7%
Sugars 39.5 g
Protein 57 g113.7%
Vitamin A 244.2% Vitamin C 33%
Calcium 21.6% Iron 30.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet