Roast Shoulder Of Lamb
|Lamb shoulder||5 Pound|
|Breadcrumbs||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Melted shortening/Other melted fat||2 Tablespoon (For basting, If the meat is not fat on top) (Optional)|
1. Ask the butcher to remove the bones and make a pocket in the shoulder of lamb.
2. Start oven, set at Moderately Slow, 300° F.
3. Wipe the meat with a clean, damp cloth, and rub inside the pocket and on the outer surface with the salt.
4. Mix the bread crumbs, chopped onions and celery, binding them together with the well-beaten egg; add curry powder and mix. Pack this dressing into the pocket then close the opening with skewers or by sewing.
5. Place the meat in an open roasting pan and roast 35 minutes per pound. If the meat is not fat on top, baste it every 20 minutes with melted shortening or other fat.
6. Remove the roast from the pan to a warmed serving platter. Make gravy according to directions for gravy with Roast Leg of Lamb