Crown Roast Of Lamb With Corn Bread Stuffing
|Crown roast of lamb||5 Pound (1 Piece, Shaped And Tied With Bone Tips)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pepper||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried sage||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Crumbled fresh corn bread||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Remove ground lamb from crown roast and crumble it into a medium-sized heat-resistant non-metallic bowl.
2. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven, stirring frequently, for 5 (6 1/2) minutes. Drain fat and set meat aside.
3. In a small heat-resistant non-metallic bowl melt butter in Microwave Oven 1 (1 1/4) minute.
4. Add onion and celery and heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 4 (5) minutes or until vegetables are tender.
5. Stir in salt, pepper, sage and garlic powder.
6. Add vegetable mixture and corn bread to cooked lamb. Toss to combine thoroughly.
7. Place roast in a shallow non-metallic baking dish. Spoon stuffing into center of crown roast.
8. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 25 (32) minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the meat between 2 ribs registers 165°F. Turn meat twice during cooking. Do not place thermometer in Microwave Oven.
9. Cover meat with aluminum foil and allow to stand at room temperature 20 to 30 (25 to 40) minutes or until internal temperature reaches 175° to 180°F.
Calories 796 Calories from Fat 656
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g112.4%
Saturated Fat 33.6 g167.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 163.5 mg54.5%
Sodium 303.2 mg12.6%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.94 g3.7%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 28 g55%
Vitamin A 5.9% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet