gurde lazeez(tasteful kidney)
|Lamb kidneys||250 Gram, halved from the centre (excess fat trimmed off)|
|Hung curd||50 Gram|
|Poppy seeds||10 Gram|
|Peeled melon seeds||10 Gram|
|Clarified butter||1 Tablespoon (Ghee)|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken mince||100 Gram|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Ginger paste||10 Gram|
|Cashews and almond slivers||1 Tablespoon (to decorate)|
|Coriander||1 Teaspoon (for garnish)|
|Lamb brain||1 (boiled)|
|Cardamom powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Mace powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1 marinate the kidneys with hung curd,pepper, ginger paste, and salt.
2. puree the boiled onion.
3. soak the almonds in warm water for a few minutes & peel the brown skin.
4. soak cashews, poppy seeds & melon seeds for 60 minutes in warm water.
5. make a paste of these things with the almonds & keep aside.
6. soak saffron in milk & keep aside.
7. in a wok add some clarified butter( ghee) & let it reach the smoking point
8. now add caraway seeds to it & let those crackle.
9. add onion paste 7 fry for around 5-7 minutes or the pink color is visible on onion paste.
10 add the cashew nut etc paste & fry on a slow fire stirring it continously so that the nuts could not release their oil. do this till you feel that the mixture is cooked.
11. now add turmeric to it
12. add the chicken mince & cook on a slow fire. in the mean time chop the brain & keep it aside.
13. And now add the marinade to it with the chopped brain, salt & cook covered for 20 minutes on a slow flame.
14. add the saffron milk on the top with cardamom & mace powder & seal the pot in a manner that no steam should be release from any side under any circumstances.
15.cook like that for around 15-20 minutes on a very slow fire or till the kidneys are done.
16. serve garnished with almond and cashew slivers & grated boiled egg with a topping of corriender leaves with zafrani roti.
plss do not forget to serve lemon wedges or halves along with.
the look of this recipe should be like just coated with the gravy.
Calories 272 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.4%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 290.4 mg96.8%
Sodium 240.5 mg10%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.4%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 20 g40.4%
Vitamin A 19.8% Vitamin C 39.4%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 28%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet