Turkey With Lemon Mayonnaise
|Cooked turkey||2 Pound|
|Green beans||3 Ounce, chopped|
|Mayonnaise||1 1⁄4 Pint|
|Lemons||2 , rind grated|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Thin lemon slices||8|
|For french dressing|
|French mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Wine vinegar||5 Fluid Ounce|
|Chopped mixed herbs||2 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
1) Boil rice in plenty of salt water for 10-12 minutes or according to instructions on package.
2) Drain and wash well with cold water. Let them dry.
3) In salty water, boil peas, beans and sweetcorn.
4) Drain and let cool.
5) Peel tomatoes and slice them reserving juice.
6) Peel cucumber, dice and sprinkle with salt.
7) Leave for 20 minutes; then wash well and drain.
8) To make French dressing: Mix salt, pepper and sugar to taste with French mustard and oil. Add vinegar. Beat well. Add chopped herbs.
9) Add 2-3 teaspoons grated lemon rind in mayonnaise for flavour.
10) Cut turkey into cubes or strips, mix with half the mayonnaise.
11) With the strained tomato juice, slightly thin the remaining mayonnaise
12) Add all vegetables to cold cooked rice and moisten with French dressing.
13) Arrange this mixture down sides of a dish.
14) Spoon turkey mayonnaise down centre.
15) Spoon little extra mayonnaise over the top.
16) Sprinkle with chopped parsley mixed with remaining lemon rind, and garnish with slices of lemon made into twists and serve.