Mayonnaise For Two
|Mustard powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2.5 ml)|
|White pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Pint (150 ml)|
|White wine vinegar/Lemon juice||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
1) In a small bowl, place together egg yolk and beat in the mustard powder and salt and pepper.
2) While still beating add in 2 tablespoons of oil, drop by drop, beating vigorously.
3) Add in 1 teaspoon of the vinegar or lemon juice, while beating.
4) Gently beat in the remaining oil until the mixture is very thick.
5) Mix in the remaining vinegar to taste.
7) Transfer Mayonnaise in a screw-topped jar in the refrigerator. It can keep for up to 1 week.
8) Use as required.