|French mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Pint (Of Best-Quality)|
|White wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
1) In a bowl, add in the egg yolks.
2) Stir in mustard, salt, sugar, black pepper, cayenne pepper and lemon juice.
3) Whisk the mixture well for about 2 minutes.
4) Add in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, slowly, drop by drop.
5) Next, mix in 1 teaspoon of vinegar. Add in more olive oil, drop by drop.
6) If the sauce becomes too thick, add a little more vinegar. Keep adding more oil or vinegar till it reaches the consistency of store-bought mayonnaise. To check, dip a spoon in the mayonnaise. If it leaves a mark, it is ready to be served.
7) Serve the mayonnaise over sandwiches, burgers etc. It can also be used as a dip for chips, fries etc.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2244 Calories from Fat 2195
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 248 g381.8%
Saturated Fat 36 g180.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 370.2 mg123.4%
Sodium 1030.9 mg43%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.34 g1.4%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 5 g9.9%
Vitamin A 17% Vitamin C 9.3%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet