Fresh Vegetables with Green Mayonnaise
|For green mayonnaise|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg yolk||1 Large (or 2 small size)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil/1 cup vegetable oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (plus 1/4 cup French olive oil)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Chives||1 Teaspoon (fresh or frozen)|
|Tarragon||1 Teaspoon (fresh or dried)|
1. Chill fresh vegetables like mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower florets, zucchini sticks, green-pepper slices, cucumber slices, carrot sticks.
2. In 1-quart bowl mix sugar, mustard, salt, egg yolk, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
3. Add one-drop oil at a time until about 1/4 cup is added and beat with a wire whisk. After a thick emulsion forms, add 1-teaspoon oil at a time.
4. Add remaining lemon juice when the mixture is thick.
5. Gently beat in remaining oil.
6. Add herbs and mix well.
7. Chill the dip.
8. On a large platter arrange chilled vegetables and place mayonnaise in the center.
Calories 310 Calories from Fat 300
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.2%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37 mg12.3%
Sodium 296.2 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.33 g1.3%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 0.97 g1.9%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 19.7%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet