|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Corn oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Dip the whole egg along with the shell, in boiling water for 30 seconds.
2) Remove the egg from the water and break into a blender container.
3) Combine the mustard and cayenne pepper and blend for approximately 30 seconds or until the mixture is thick and foamy.
4) Add the lemon juice and vinegar and blend for a few more seconds.
5) Uncover the blender, and running it at medium speed, slowly add the corn oil in a very thin stream into the exact center of the container.
6) Blend only until proper consistency is attained.
7) Add the rest of the mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon at a time, continuing to beat with the whisk.
8) It is commonly served in a sandwich or with salad such as potato salad.
It is very necessary to add the oil very slowly or the mayonnaise will separate.
If at all it separates, warm a mixing bowl, place a very small amount of the separated mayonnaise in it and beat with a wire whisk for several seconds until it starts to thicken.