|Plain yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over a low flame.
2. Add flour to it when it begins to froth and stir, cooking flour for 1 minute.
3. When the flour gets a sandy texture, gradually pour in the milk, stirring all the while, until well blended into a smooth sauce.
4. Cook, stirring, until thick and bubbly.
5. In a bowl, combine egg yolk, lemon juice and seasonings.
6. Spoon some of the hot sauce into the yolk mixture and then add to the sauce in the pan.
7. Take pan off the heat and continue stirring till yolk is blended into the sauce.
8. Allow the sauce to cool slightly.
9. Fold in the yogurt.
10. Cover with plastic and refrigerate the sauce to cool.
11. This recipe makes about 2 cups of sauce that can be used as a substitute for mayonnaise.