Mushrooms In Mustard Mayonnaise
|Button mushrooms||12 Ounce|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (1 Squeeze)|
|Mild french mustard||1 Tablespoon|
1) Using a knife, quarter large mushrooms, or use small mushrooms whole.
2) Take a pan and mix brandy, water, lemon juice and a shake of salt.
3) Put in the mushrooms and cook over good heat. Cook until al dente. Drain well reserving the liquor.
4) Return the liquor to heat and reduce to just about 1 tablespoon. Pour into a small dish.
5) TO MAKE THE DRESSING: In a bowl, blend the mayonnaise, mustard and liquor.
6) Add in the mushrooms and stir. Chill well.
7) TO MAKE GARLIC MAYONNAISE: Add 1 crushed garlic clove and 1 tbsp tomato puree to 1/4 pt (150 ml) mayonnaise and blend well.
9) Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with paprika and serve.