|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Tart apples||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooked turkey breast||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) First toast the walnuts. Put them in a single layer on a cookie sheet and place the sheet in the preheated oven. Toast for 15 minutes. Brown evenly by stirring occasionally. Keep aside and allow to cool.
3) With the lemon juice, toss the apples in order to prevent them from darkening.
4) Toss the cubed turkey properly with the apples and walnuts.
5) Combine together the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard. Add the mixture to the turkey mix and lightly toss.
6) On a bed of watercress and Bibb lettuce, mound the salad and use additional mayonnaise and some capers to garnish.
7) Serve as desired.
The salad can also be made with duck, goose or chicken. If preferred, the amount of walnuts used can be increased. Peanut oil can be used instead of olive oil to make the mayonnaise.