|Egg yolks/1 whole egg||2|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Caster sugar||1 1⁄4 Pinch|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Oil||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter, Preferably Olive Oil)|
|Wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
1. Place the egg yolks in a bowl and add the mustard, sugar, salt and white pepper. Blend well together.
2. Drip in the oil slowly from the end of a teaspoon, beating all the time.
3. When the mixture starts to thicken, add 1 tablespoon of the wine vinegar and continue to add the oil a little more quickly. When all the oil has been incorporated, add sufficient vinegar to taste.
4. If using a food processor or liquidizer, place the whole egg, mustard, sugar, salt and white pepper in the container. Switch to fast speed and slowly pour in the oil in a thin stream. Add 1 tablespoon vinegar to the liquidizer when the sauce starts to thicken. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
5. Store, covered, for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.