|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vinegar/Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Salad oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Take a bowl and add egg yolks and seasonings and blend it throughly. Introduce 1 tbsp of vinegar and whip it again.
2. Fold in oil, slowly by adding at least 1/2 tsp of it at a time until 1/4 cup is used. Add the oil in very gradual manner by putting 1-2 tsps at a time.
3. When the mixture thickens fold in remaining vinegar.
4. Take care the oil is not added otherwise the mayonnaise will curdle. To stop this happening beat the curdled mixture into a second egg yolk.
5. When cooled store the mayyonaise in a covered jar and place it in a cold place.
6. Serve as required.
Calories 509 Calories from Fat 503
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.7%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.8%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 46.3 mg15.4%
Sodium 244.3 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 0.38 g0.13%
Dietary Fiber 0.15 g0.59%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 0.69 g1.4%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 0.48%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 1.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet