|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Vinegar/Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Put the salt, mustard, paprika and cayenne into a small bowl. Mix them thoroughly.
2. Add the egg yolks and beat until the mixture is creamy.
3. Add 1/2 tne vinegar and beat again.
4. Add the oil gradually, 1/2 teaspoon or less at a time, beating continuously until the first 1/4 cup has been added. Then add the oil faster, 1 or 2 tablespoons at a time. Continue to beat until the mixture thickens, then add the rest of the vinegar, stirring it well into the mixture.
Mayonnaise should be kept in a moderately cold place. If it is kept in a very warm kitchen, or is put in such a cold part of the refrigerator that it freezes, the oil will separate from the other ingredients. If this happens, the mayonnaise is not spoiled; simply skim off the oil, and use the remaining mayonnaise.
5. Use mayonnaise to mix meat, vegetable, poultry and seafood salads; egg salads; use as garnish or topping on gelatin mold salads; use as garnish or topping on many salads which use French Dressing as the blending dressing.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3940 Calories from Fat 3894
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 441 g678.1%
Saturated Fat 62.6 g312.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 370.2 mg123.4%
Sodium 2932.2 mg122.2%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 6 g11%
Vitamin A 40.2% Vitamin C 3.8%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 22.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet