|Milk||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (2 Dessertspoon)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Pint|
1. Soak the bread in milk and squeeze it out.
2. Peel and chop the garlic. Mash the two together in a basin, with a wooden spoon, into a smooth paste.
3. Add salt and pepper, lemon juice and egg yolk, and beat in about a tsp. of oil.
4. Pour the rest of the oil into a jug, and then trickle it drop by drop into the mixture, beating with the spoon as you do so.
5. It is important when making any kind of mayonnaise to add the oil gradually, a few drops at a time, and then to beat those in. If it curdles, another egg yolk may correct matters.