|Olive oil||1⁄2 Pint|
|Wine vinegar/Lemon juice||10 Milliliter|
1. Keeping no white of the egg, in a bowl beat the 3 yolks well and add the olive oil drop by drop, whisking well all the time.
2. After a time add the oil in a thin steady stream beating until thick.
3. Add the lemon juice or wine vinegar, drop by drop whisking steadily and then add the salt to get a really thick mayonnaise when finished.
4. Keep covered in a cool place to last a day or two other than keeping in the refrigerator.
5. Serve on toasts, breads or snacks or use in other recipes as desired.