Masala Na Chaap
|Ginger piece||1 Inch|
|Black pepper powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Thick curd||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Wash and salt the chops and mix in the ginger paste, the black pepper powder and heated saffron. Allow to marinate for four hours.
2. Take half a cup of ghee and heat in a flat bottomed vessel. When hot place the chops at the bottom of the vessel and turn quickly to seal the chops. You will need to do this in two to three batches. Use more ghee if you need.
3. Place all the chops together with the onions in the same vessel over a very slow fire. Add one cup of water at a time and cook them till soft, turning them every 15 minutes or so. This will take two hours.
4. When the chops soften, whisk the curd and pour over the chops.
5. Cook for another half an hour till the curd has dried.